PQRS and CPT issues
As billing and CPT issues emerge, the IOPC toolkit will post information and links to educate and orient neuropsychologists to important changes.
CPT codes for psychotherapy have changed. This is relevant for many neuropsychologist's practices. For an excellent tutorial on new CPT codes, by Antonio Puente, Ph.D. follow this link
Physician Quality Reporting System for Medicare: PQRS
PQRS is a voluntary reporting program through Medicare that provides a financial incentive for health care professionals, including psychologists, to submit data on quality measures to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). In 2015, the reporting program will become mandatory, with penalties assessed for failure to participate.
- Medicare/ CMS official description of the program.
- National Academy of Neuropsychology executive summary of PQRS issues
- Members of the APA Practice organization have access to the APAPO page on PQRS's implications for psychological/ neuropsychological practice.
- Dr. Paula Hartman-Stein has created a webinar on PQRS for psychologists.
- Dr. Randi Most has written a very helpful article explaining PQRS